Santorini Tomato Fritters
FOR 4 PEOPLE
PREP TIME: 30 MINUTES
500 g Santorini
or “home-grown” tomatoes 1 medium onion
2 spring onions
1 bunch parsley
2-3 fresh mint leaves
2 Tbsp flour
1 tsp baking powder salt
olive oil for frying
• Peel and finely chop the tomatoes. Place them in a colander
to drain for 15 minutes.
• Finely chop the onion, spring onions, parsley, and mint.
• Put the tomatoes in a bowl and mix them with the chopped
onions and herbs.
• Mix the flour and baking powder and add them to the bowl
with some salt and pepper.
• Knead with your hands until you have a “dough” firm
enough to hold its shape. You may need to add more flour
if the mixture is too loose.
• Take tablespoons of the mixture and roll them into little
• Heat some oil in a nonstick pan and brown the tomato
fritters lightly on both sides.
• Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels
DISCOVER NEW GREEK FOOD PRODUCTS
Get your first greek food subscription box.
Free shipping all over Europe. HOW IT WORKS.
150+ full size food products
hand-picked just for you