Hummus with olives (200G) – THE GREEK HUMMUS COMPANY
This hummus with olives has everything you love about traditional hummus, but made with gorgeous Greek olives and tahini paprika that boost a sweet flavor. It’s lemony, smooth, creamy, and perfect for a nutritious and satisfying snack.
1 in stock
Hummus and olives (200g) – THE GREEK HUMMUS COMPANY
tahini (contains sesame)
virgin olive oil, black olives (10%)
garlic, cumin, smoked paprika, lemon, salt
refrigerate after opening
suitable for vegetarians
net weight: 200g
Hummus with olives & Veggie Wrap-Up
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
- 2 tablespoons hummus and olives
- 1 whole wheat tortilla (8 inches)
- 1/4 cup torn mixed salad greens
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced cucumber
- 2 tablespoons alfalfa sprouts
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrot
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinaigrette
- Spread hummus with olive over tortilla. Layer with salad greens, onion, cucumber, sprouts and carrot. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Roll up tightly.
Health benefits of olives
Olives are a staple of the Mediterranean diet. They’re associated with many health benefits, especially for heart health and cancer prevention.
- Dietary antioxidants have been shown to reduce your risk of chronic illnesses, such as heart disease and cancer.
- Olives are rich in antioxidants, with health benefits ranging from fighting inflammation to reducing microorganism growth.
- One study showed that eating a pulpy residue from olives significantly increased blood levels of glutathione, one of the most powerful antioxidants in your body.
- High blood cholesterol and blood pressure are both risk factors for heart disease.
- Oleic acid, the main fatty acid in olives, is associated with improved heart health. It may regulate cholesterol levels and protect LDL cholesterol from oxidation.
- Furthermore, some studies note that olives and olive oil may reduce blood pressure.
- Osteoporosis is characterized by decreased bone mass and bone quality. It can increase your risk of fractures.
- The rates of osteoporosis are lower in Mediterranean countries than in the rest of Europe, leading to speculation that olives might protect against this condition.
For more hummus products shop here:
|Dimensions||6.5 × 6.5 × 8.5 cm|