LAMB WITH EGGPLANT AND OLIVES
FOR 4 PEOPLE
PREP TIME: 40 MINUTES
- 1 large eggplant
- coarse salt
- 4 large lamb chops or 8 smaller ones
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp AENAON olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 onion
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 16 black olives, pitted and chopped
- pinch of sugar
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley or basil
- Cut the eggplant in cubes. Put them in a colander and sprinkle with coarse salt to leach out their bitterness.
After about 20-30 minutes, rinse with plenty of cold water.
- Season the lamb chops with freshly ground black pepper.
- Brush the grill with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and grill or broil the chops over (or under) medium heat for 7-8 minutes to a side. Set aside in a warm place.
- Finely chop the garlic and onion. Heat the remaining oil in a saucepan and saute the eggplant cubes, onion, and garlic for a few minutes.
- As soon as they begin to color, add the chopped tomato with its juices, the olives, sugar, and more salt and pepper if desired. Boil gently over low heat for about 8-10 minutes or until the eggplant is tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve the lamb chops covered with plenty of eggplant sauce and with Red wine.
THE GREEK FOOD BOX (SUBSCRIPTION)
Our delicious food subscription box is carefully composed every month anew. Discover every month new types of tea, spices, herbs, high quality olive oil and honey, traditional and novel sauces, salads, spreads, dips, even novel drinks and sweets.
In form of a monthly subscription box for gourmets, we send you a unique selection of high quality Greek and Mediterranean delicacies. Each package contains 5-6 carefully selected food products from small producers. These include products created by traditional family farms, by farmers specialized in organic farming, as well as new innovative producers specialized in combining the different flavors of the Mediterranean into novel food products.
Order your first delicious food box today and enjoy Greece and the Mediterrean every month. We send it directly to your doorstep by mail.